Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Hike, 27 June

I'm delivering on my promise... these are pictures from a hike I took a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, my camera's battery died within about an hour so I didn't get much.  A lot of the flowers hadn't even opened for the day.  Not a hundred percent sure on all the plant IDs. I returned to the same trail the following weekend.

Fogscape
 
 

 
Calochortus weedii
It is always such a treat to see Calochortus!


 
Delphinium cardinale


Silene laciniata and Adenostoma fasciculatum


Yucca whipplei and some DYC (damned yellow composite)


Some kind of yarrow-like plant


No idea what this fuzzy little thing is. 
The flowers weren't open yet and even if they were... no hand lens


And now for something completely different...
This fence post looked super wicked so I needed a picture.
I'll have to edit the background more, I'm just not yet sure how.

No comments: